Christmas is almost here! Get ready to travel and bring the flavours of the world to your kitchen with these International Christmas Desserts. From cakes to cookies, meringues to tortes, this list has you covered for a kickass Christmas Day.
Right now our Facebook feeds are full of people saying ‘I can’t believe it’s that time of year again’ or ‘Ugh, Christmas decorations everywhere. Bah humbug’… Meanwhile we’re sitting here, quietly stunned, realising that by the time Santa arrives we’ll have been travelling for over 10 months.
That, and the day we eventually return home is drawing ever closer. Noooooo.
Still, Christmas is a tough time of year to be away from home, and this will be the second one we’ve spent miles from family. The first time we were in Japan, celebrating the ‘Japanese way’ by spending the big day at shopping malls and having coffee and crepes with friends.
This year we’ll be in Singapore. I can’t even tell you how excited we are to be spending Christmas with our awesome friends. Together we’ll be getting our Christmas bake-on and it’ll be snowing flour and icing sugar by the time we’re done.
With our delectable dessert plans in mind we were inspired to check out some sweet delicious goodies people around the world will be cooking this Christmas. Check out the amazing recipes we found below.
Without further ado… behold the 11 Kickass International Christmas Desserts from around the world.
1. Australian Christmas Fairy Bread by Wandercooks
2. New Zealand Pavlova by 196 Flavors
3. German Mulled Wine Cake by Bavarian Epicure
4. American Healthy Peanut Butter Balls by The Rising Spoon
5. Italian Strawberry Vanilla Muffins by Wandercooks
6. Indian Snowball Cookies by Blended with Spices
7. Canadian Chocolate Spice Meringue Torte by The Busy Baker
8. Bulgarian Cinnamon Wreath (Google translated) by Lulu and Something
9. Japanese Christmas Cake by Huy (AJNguyen) @ Hub Pages
10. Greek Melomakarona Honey Spice Cookies by Super Golden Bakes
11. Scottish Cranachan by Christina’s Cucina
There you have it. We hope this creative collection of International Christmas Desserts were kick-assy enough for your tastebuds!
What will you be cooking this Christmas? Want us to recreate your favourite Christmas dessert recipe? Send us a message, we’d love to hear from you!
Merry Christmas everyone. 🙂