Do you ever find yourself with unusual ingredients you bought for a recipe, but don’t know what to do with them afterwards? Gochujang is one such ingredient. We love using the spicy fermented chilli paste in our Korean Army Stew hotpot and Tteokbokki (Korean rice cake stir fry), but had no idea just how versatile this mouthwatering paste can be! Here’s our bucket list of 15 recipes to use up that little tub of gochujang.
15 Ways to Use Gochujang Korean Chilli Paste
- 1. Easy Korean Army Stew | Wandercooks
- 2. Easy Korean Beef Bibimbap Recipe | The Forked Spoon
- 3. Korean Spicy Chilli Bulgogi | All Ways Delicious
- 4. Spicy Beef Soba Noodle Salad | Delightful Plate
- 5. Korean Steamed Chicken Breast | Krumpli
- 6. Tteokbokki Recipe – Korean Spicy Rice Cake Stir Fry | Wandercooks
- 7. Pressure Cooker Korean Pork Ribs | Supergolden Bakes
- 8. Spicy Baked Korean Chicken Wings | Joyous Apron
- 9. Vegan Korean Mushroom Bulgogi Bowl | Rachael Hartley Nutrition
- 10. Korean Gochujang Ribs | Bacon Is Magic
- 11. Gochujang Bean Balls | Quite Good Food
- 12. Gochujang Hobak Jjigae – Spicy Zucchini Soup | Daily Cooking Quest
- 13. Spicy Korean Chicken | Where Is My Spoon
- 14. Asparagus with Spicy Gochujang Glaze | Kroll’s Korner
- 15. Crazy Good Gochujang & Peanut Butter Sandwiches | Quite Good Food
- Gochujang FAQs
1. Easy Korean Army Stew | Wandercooks
“Learn how to cook this easy Korean-American hotpot recipe. Korean Army Stew (Budae Jjigae) transforms simple everyday ingredients like spam, noodles, mushroom and veggies into a mouth-watering spicy stew. Budae Jjigae is perfect for sharing and entertaining too – if you have a table top cooker, why not cook it all together with friends!“
CLICK HERE TO SAVE COLLECTION TO PINTEREST
2. Easy Korean Beef Bibimbap Recipe | The Forked Spoon
“Easy Korean Beef Bibimbap Recipe made with warm rice topped with thinly sliced Bulgogi Korean beef, mixed vegetables, kimchi, gochujang, and a fried egg. Mix it all together, and the result is a delicious and easy Korean Bibimbap dinner favourite the whole family will love.“
3. Korean Spicy Chilli Bulgogi | All Ways Delicious
“Spicy Korean chicken is flavoured with gochujang, a fermented red chilli paste that is spicy and full of umami. This Korean chicken recipe is easy to make either on the barbecue grill or in a grill pan on the stovetop.“
4. Spicy Beef Soba Noodle Salad | Delightful Plate
“This Spicy Beef Soba Noodle Salad is not only easy to make but also healthy and filling. It features beef, soba noodle, lots of fresh and crisp vegetables and a spicy gochujang dressing.“
5. Korean Steamed Chicken Breast | Krumpli
“This chicken breast features a gochujang and honey glaze and is then steamed to ensure a soft and juicy piece of meat.“
6. Tteokbokki Recipe – Korean Spicy Rice Cake Stir Fry | Wandercooks
“Tteokbokki is a super popular street food dish in Korea, thanks to a handful of superstar ingredients. This fiery tteokbokki recipe features mouthwatering Korean chilli flakes, gochujang spice paste and dashi stock, smothered over chewy rice cakes.“
7. Pressure Cooker Korean Pork Ribs | Supergolden Bakes
“These pressure cooker Korean pork ribs are irresistible and very easy to prepare. Deliciously sticky and finger lickin’ good! This recipe is also suitable for your slow cooker.“
8. Spicy Baked Korean Chicken Wings | Joyous Apron
“These chicken wings are baked not fried yet super crispy, then drizzled with an oh-so-flavourful sauce made with Korean hot pepper paste! So delicious!“
9. Vegan Korean Mushroom Bulgogi Bowl | Rachael Hartley Nutrition
“This veggie packed vegan Korean mushroom bulgogi bowl uses meaty portobello mushrooms in lieu of beef! It’s easy for meal prep, and topped with a spicy sriracha mayo sauce! “
10. Korean Gochujang Ribs | Bacon Is Magic
“Korean gochujang ribs is a spicy twist on a classic favourite. So easy to make as barbecued ribs, in the oven or slow cooker.“
11. Gochujang Bean Balls | Quite Good Food
“Gochujang is the star of the show in this full on, flavour packed, Korean style take on vegan meat balls.“
12. Gochujang Hobak Jjigae – Spicy Zucchini Soup | Daily Cooking Quest
“Korean gochujang hobak jjigae is hot pepper paste, zucchini, tofu, shiitake, and onion mingles together in wonderfully aromatic anchovy soup.“
13. Spicy Korean Chicken | Where Is My Spoon
“A spicy Korean chicken recipe: gochujang chicken breast with green onions, a healthy and easy way of enjoying chicken Korean style.“
14. Asparagus with Spicy Gochujang Glaze | Kroll’s Korner
“Spice up your side dishes with these spicy Korean hot pepper green beans!“
15. Crazy Good Gochujang & Peanut Butter Sandwiches | Quite Good Food
“A ridiculously delicious sandwich combo for the chilli lovers, featuring fiery Korean hot pepper paste and peanut butter.“
Where to buy Gochujang?
We buy our gochujang from the Asian supermarket or grocer. If you don’t have one nearby, you can also purchase direct from Amazon.
What does Gochujang taste like?
Gochujang is a also known as Korean Hot Pepper Paste. We’d say it’s around a medium spice and tastes almost more on the tomato side than chilli flavour.
Is Gochujang vegan and vegetarian friendly?
Yes and yes! So smother your tofu, veggies and other amazing ingredients in this sauce – Right. Now!
Looking for MORE delicious world food recipe round ups? Try these:
- Beyond India: 13 Asian Curries To Rev Up Your Spice Addiction
- 12 Incredibly Healthy Recipes Using Miso Paste… Including Dessert!
- 17 Epic Party Recipes for Super Bowl, Game Days & Gatherings
- Local Japanese Food – Our Top 13 Weird and Wonderful Finds
So there you have it! These recipes are sure to help you find new and exciting ways to use up the rest of your tub of gochujang paste. All you need to do now is decide: Which recipe will you try first?
And if you’ve already tried one or more of these tasty dishes, let us know how it turned out in the comments!