Mini Breakfast Quiches are about to make your day. Baked to crispy golden perfection yet gorgeously soft and fluffy on the inside, these quick and easy mini quiches are packed with healthy veggies and crispy bacon for a super satisfying breakfast.
Oh, breakfast. How we love you.
How anyone could skip this most glorious meal of the day is beyond me.
That said, a big thanks to our friend Alexandre for expanding our breakfast repertoire with this quick and easy recipe for Mini Breakfast Quiches.
Hailing from the gorgeous medieval city of Bordeaux in south-western France, our super awesome host spoiled us rotten pretty much the entire time we were there.
Together we toured the city, devouring its history and a few pieces of its famous dessert: the Cannelés de Bordeaux, (a cute little custard filled pastry with a sweet caramelised crust known in English as the French Rum & Vanilla Cake).
We even hit up the supermarkets together to buy ingredients for Alex’s homemade creations. A fun experience for two food-obsessed bloggers comparing the similarities and differences between European and Australian supermarkets.
This recipe always reminds us of binge watching episodes of Faking It on the couch with Alex (a rare luxury while on the road).
So even though we were technically banished from the kitchen while he prepared these mini breakfast quiches, we most definitely begged the details from him later.
Alex’s Mini Breakfast Quiches
So why do we love them so much? Well here are just a couple of reasons:
- That crispy, crunchy, golden brown top
- That soft, moist and totally fluffy inside
- No pie crust pastry to worry about, so it’s lower calories than a regular quiche and way easier to make
- Packed with veggies for extra healthy goodness (and bacon for extra delicious flavour) 😉
But I think the real reason you’ll love it is that magic combination of super filling + super light breakfast goodness that gives you the happy feels for an awesome day ahead.
Doesn’t even matter if you serve them hot or cold. Mini Breakfast Quiches are basically guaranteed to be a winner on any breakfast table. 🙂
Also. How much do they totally look like quiche soufflés? Just sayin’…
If you’re keen for more French creations you should definitely check out Alex’s Honey Baked Camembert with Bacon & Rosemary and this French Zucchini Salad we picked up on our day trip out to Saint-Emilion.
Or why not try this 4 Ingredient German Chocolate Mousse. (Because we are ALL FOR Breakfast Desserts amirite?)
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium frypan
- Muffin Tray
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream or Greek natural yoghurt unflavoured
- ½ cup cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bacon pieces
- ½ brown onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup potato finely diced
- ½ cup sweet potato finely diced
- ½ cup zucchini finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (392˚F).
- Crack those eggs into a mixing bowl, add your sour cream and a decent handful of cheese, and sprinkle with your perfect amount of salt and pepper. Whisk away then set aside.
- Heat up the olive oil over a medium heat in a decent sized frypan. Chuck in your onion and garlic to set your kitchen on fire (not literally) with that amazing aroma. Add your chunks of potato and sweet potato and cook for a few minutes before adding the zucchini to the mix.
- Set the veggies aside then fry the bacon bacon pieces. Cook til they’re nicely done or crispy crunchy, whichever you prefer.
- Pop the cooked veggies into separate ramekins, top with bacon and pour over with egg mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, then take them out and sprinkle with extra shredded cheese.
- Pop em back in and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown and fluffy. Bonus points if they rise up like golden egg soufflés!