A delightful summer dish perfect for using up leftover salmon, this Salmon Pasta with Cream Sauce is ready to become your go-to weeknight favourite.
Today we’re sharing one of our favourite go-to recipes, most often enjoyed after a long, busy day, when we just want to cook something super delish AND super quick for dinner. Something that doesn’t take too much energy or brain power to cook, yet fills us up with the happy… contented feels of a good meal. ????
This Salmon Pasta recipe sure does the trick, with a delicious, creamy sauce packed with little flavour bomb morsels like broccolini, sun-dried tomato… and salmon, of course!
But just like any good Wandercooks Creation, the thing we love most about Salmon Pasta is that it’s so flexible. Don’t have (or even like) broccolini? Why not add a handful of baby spinach or peas instead? Feel like playing with that pasta texture? Try it with your favourite fettuccini, linguine or penne, and see which you like best!
Really, you’re only limited by your tastebuds’ creativity and the contents of your fridge… ????
Salmon Pasta with Cream Sauce
We hope our Salmon Pasta recipe serves as a little dose of edible inspo for you to get perfecting your own favourite method. Have fun and enjoy your creative kitchen adventures!
Don’t forget to tag us @wandercooks on IG – we can’t wait to see your creations!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato chopped
- 3 broccolini sliced into smaller florets
- 1 salmon fillet approx 250 grams, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 150 ml cream
- 2 heaped tsp cornflour dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 250 g pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp shaved parmesan
- Gently heat the oil and butter into a large frypan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until just translucent, then add the garlic and stir through until mouthwateringly fragrant.
- Next, add the mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, broccolini and salmon, and cook for a few minutes until juicy and tender.
- Now pour in the chicken stock, white wine and cream and stir gently. Add the dissolved cornflour, stir and continue simmer gently until the ingredients are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile heat a large pot of water until boiling. Add pasta, stir and immediately add salt. Stir again and cook according to packet directions until al dente.
- Pop your pasta into a serving bowl or plate and top with a ladleful (or two!) of the creamy sauce. Serve immediately.
- Optional: Garnish with shaved parmesan and/or a sprinkling of salt and pepper.