These Tandoori Chicken Wraps are a quick and easy Indian-inspired meal you can eat on the go. Perfect for quick dinners, flavour packed work lunches, or anytime you’re craving succulent bites of spicy tandoori chicken.
This post first appeared over at Eazy Peazy Mealz where we’re contributors.
Oh hey everyone! Did you miss us? We’re back after a month-long trip to Japan and a little break from the blogging world, and today we have some brand new tasty treats for you!
First up we have a super quick and easy recipe that will satisfy hungry tummies of all ages. This one came about from our undying love of CURRIES – we love them all! Indian, Thai, Malaysian, it doesn’t matter.
We even adore fusion creations like this incredible Choo Chee Chicken Curry (courtesy of our hometown of Adelaide, it has a foot in both Thai and Australian cuisines) or our quick and easy Nonya Style Chicken Curry.
But I digress!
These Tandoori Chicken Wraps are packed full of incredible tandoori flavour, topped with tzatziki for a burst of freshness., and coriander for a herbaceous zing. These wraps are quick and easy to prepare and you can easily eat them on the run too. We’ll often cook them up for a next-to-effortless weeknight meal, then wrap up the leftovers for a delicious lunch the following day.
The Secret to making Epic Tandoori Chicken Wraps
There are a few secrets to getting the most out of your Tandoori Chicken Wraps:
- Give the chicken plenty of time to marinate in a blend of tandoori paste + sour cream to soak up all those delicious spices. If you don’t have sour cream on hand, you can easily substitute with natural yogurt.
- Next, fry up the chicken until the tandoori paste juuuuust starts to blacken and the chicken is perfectly cooked – juicy and tender, just the way we like it!
- Now, for this fusion style recipe we actually love using Greek-style flatbread (we call it yiros bread in Australia) because we adore the flavour and slightly crunchy texture after cooking them up in a small fry pan with a bit of oil. But do feel free to use your favourite flatbread or wrap.
Ta da! That’s all there is to it! If you’re feeling extra adventurous, why not amp up your wraps with a spicy Indian chutney for extra pizzazz?
- 2 chicken breasts approx 3 cups (diced)
- 1 tbsp tandoori paste
- 1/2 cup sour cream or sub with natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp corn oil + 1 tsp
- 4-8 flatbread wraps
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup tzatziki
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander for garnish
- Alrighty, pop your diced chicken in a mixing bowl, add the tandoori paste and sour cream, and mix well to coat the chicken evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Now heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add your marinated chicken and cook, turning the pieces frequently, until the marinade just starts to blacken and the chicken is cooked through and juicy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a clean pan, heat the extra oil and cook each wrap (on 1 side only) over medium heat for a few minutes until slightly browned and crispy.
- Dollop a small amount of tzatziki onto your cooked wraps, then top with cooked rice, chicken and a few sprigs of coriander to your liking.
- Wrap up and enjoy!