Whether you celebrate on Christmas Eve or save the feasting for Christmas Day, we’ve rounded up this list of our favourite Christmas Dinners from around the world to help you cook up a decadent feast for family and friends.
I’ve just found out that in some parts of the Christmas-holiday-celebrating world, Christmas Eve is more important than Christmas Day.
Call me naive, but it totally blew my mind.
Christmas Day has always been the big one in both our families for as long as we can remember.
It’s the day that we open our presents, a free-for-all wrapping-paper explosion in my family, versus a respectable one-present-at-a-time pace in Sarah’s.
(I don’t know how they do it. I’m far too excited for that kind of crazy patience on Christmas Day!)
It’s the day our friends and family come over for a traditional seafood brunch complete with dad’s Cocktail Prawns and mum’s incredible Oysters Kilpatrick.
And it’s the day we celebrate together over an Aussie Christmas Feast, complete with slow roasted lamb, golden roast potatoes and cauliflower cheese, mint sauce and the essential jug of mum’s homemade gravy.
Since we’ll be celebrating abroad this year, we decided to check out some delicious Christmas dinners on offer from around the world. From traditional to exotic, there’s a world of international flavour just waiting to be dished up.
Ditch the turkey and get on to something a little different this year.
Get ready to celebrate with our Top 10 Decadent Christmas Dinners
1. Belgian Meatloaf by Wandercooks
2. West African Jollof Rice by Recipes From a Pantry
3. Indian Zero Oil Chicken Masala by My Food Story
4. Cuban Style Picadillo by Bits of Umami
5. Puerto Rican Pernil Pork by Kitchen Gadget
6. Irish Simple Garlic and Rosemary Roast Lamb by Donal Skehan
7. American Cheesy Tortellini Casserole by Simply Recipes
8. Viennese Beef Roulade by Wandercooks
9. Malaysian Ayam Percik (Coconut Spiced Chicken) by Ann Low @ Honest Cooking
10. Burmese Eggplant Curry (Khayan Thee Hnut) by Wandercooks
Looking for some sweet inspiration to top it all off? Be sure to check out our 11 Kickass International Christmas Desserts.
And if you still want more, check out this awesome (& free) cookbook from the guys at 196 Flavors, which includes one of our very own festive Christmas treats.
Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, what will you be cooking this year? We want to hear about all traditional favourites or modern creations to hit your table, so let us know in the comments below.