Pumpkin and Dukkah Salad
Colourful pumpkin, cherry tomatoes, baby spinach and cheese sprinkled with crunchy lemon & herb dukkah, pine nuts and tangy balsamic mustard dressing. This Pumpkin and Dukkah Salad is pure happiness in a bowl.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 sides
- 300 g pumpkin chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp dukkah Table of Plenty's Lemon & Herb
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Pop your chopped pumpkin into a medium saucepan, then top with enough cold water to cover the pumpkin and bring to a boil. Cook for around 5 to 10 minutes until pumpkin is soft, then drain the water and pop your pan back over the flame for an extra minute on low to evaporate the remaining liquid. Transfer your pumpkin to a plate and allow to cool down.
Next, dry toast the pine nuts for a few minutes in a small frying pan over a medium heat, stirring to make sure they cook evenly to an aromatic golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Now, quickly whip up your dressing by mixing the olive oil, mustard and balsamic vinegar in a small dish.
It's time to assemble your salad. In a large serving bowl or plate, arrange your baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, and cheese. Top with your cooked pumpkin and sprinkle generously with the dukkah and toasted pine nuts. Drizzle with your tangy balsamic dressing and serve immediately.
- You can replace the pine nuts for pepita seeds, which also give a nice nutty aroma when dry fried until light brown on both sides.
- Substitute Tasty Cheese for any other of your favourites - blue cheese, camembert, brie. Get creative!
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 398mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7274IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 2mg