Bulgogi - Korean BBQ Beef with Shiitake Mushroom
This mouthwatering Korean BBQ Beef Bulgogi features thin slices of tender beef and shiitake mushrooms marinated in an irresistible blend of soy, garlic, ginger, pear juice and sesame oil for a quick and easy mid-week dinner.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 300 g tenderloin steak thinly sliced
- 4 shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds for garnish
For the Marinade:
- ½ cup water
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp pear juice or sub with apple juice, kiwifruit puree or minced onion
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
To prepare your tasty Bulgogi marinade mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add in your thinly sliced beef, shiitake mushrooms, carrots, leek, onions and spring onions and mix well to coat evenly.
Pop your marinated Bulgogi mix in the fridge for a minimum of 10 minutes (or even better, overnight) to allow all those saucy flavour to soak in.
Now heat the oil in a large frypan or wok. Separate the Bulgogi into two batches and stir fry each for a few minutes until beef is cooked.
Transfer your piping hot Bulgogi into serving bowls and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve immediately with rice and lettuce.