Pink Milk - Thai Nom Yen
A frosty glass of Thai Nom Yen is essential on a hot day! Pink Milk is a sweet drink similar to a strawberry milkshake, made with the famous Hale's Blue Boy Sala Syrup. Stirred and served in under a minute!
Servings 1 glass
Grab a large glass. You can pop it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes before serving for an extra chilled experience. Next fill it with ice (optional).
Pour in your sala syrup and condensed milk.
Pour over your milk, stir everything together and serve immediately.
- Chilling the glass first keeps your drink extra cool on a hot day.
- For a thicker drink, you can froth the milk before pouring it in.
- Whiz it up with the ice in a blender to turn it into a frappe!
Variations & Substitutes
- What is sala syrup? Sala syrup is bright red in colour and is inspired by the South East Asian palm fruit known as salacca. Sala syrup itself is completely artificial, very sweet and similar in taste to strawberry, but more aromatic. We can tell you from experience, the fruit itself is just as tasty as the syrup!
- What does pink milk taste like? Similar to strawberry milk, but more intense and sweet in flavour. It's very aromatic and will definitely appease your sense of smell as well as your tastebuds.
- How do I store the Hale's Blue Boy Syrup? Once opened, you can keep it in the cupboard with the lid on. It's almost all sugar, so it won't be going bad anytime soon!
- To make the drink less sweet, leave out the condensed milk.
- If you can't get your hands on sala syrup, replace with strawberry or raspberry syrup instead for a similar taste.
- Try other syrup flavours such as cantaloupe or creaming soda.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry, for an even fancier version.
- For a vegan version, leave out the milks, and pour the syrup over shaved ice and chilled water instead.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 390mg | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 403IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 320mg | Iron: 1mg