Sarah’s Creamy Sesame Dressing
Grab your hot chips, burgers or sushi bowls - it’s time to slather them in Sarah’s Creamy Sesame Dressing. Whipped up in a minute, this versatile Japanese sauce is SO necessary with your next meal!
Servings 1 jar
- Lumpy Tahini? If your tahini is a little hard, you can try zapping it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to help soften it. If you’re still finding it lumpy when trying to combine, run the sauce through a sieve for an extra smooth and creamy result.
- Kewpie Mayonnaise - Found at most supermarkets or Asian grocers. Or sub with whole egg mayo.
- Tahini - Hulled and natural tahini works well, you can also use unhulled or roasted tahini for an extra nutty finish.
- Soy Sauce - Japanese soy sauce such as Kikkoman will work best here, as it's less salty than other varieties. Otherwise, sub with regular soy sauce or tamari if you need.
- Mirin - Sub with a teaspoon of sugar, or regular rice wine for a more savoury finish.
- Sesame Oil - We love adding this for a little extra flavour, you can sub with homemade rayu chilli oil if you'd like to add heat along with the sesame oil.
Calories: 688kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 72g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 1284mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 61IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg