Zucchini Salad (Salade de Courgettes)
Just 4 ingredients are needed for this light and refreshing Zucchini Salad (also known as Salade de Courgettes). It's such an easy salad recipe, you can whip it up in just 5 minutes! Enjoy as a healthy lunch or side salad.
Servings 4 side serves
- 2 zucchini medium or large then shaved, grated or spiralized
- 100 ml natural yoghurt adjust according to desired texture (ie not too runny)
- 1 handful mint finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
Place zucchini (grated, shaved or spiralized) into a large serving bowl.
Sprinkle with mint and garlic, then stir through enough natural yoghurt so that the desired texture is reached. The salad mixture should stick together nicely without being too runny.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Zucchini - We recommend small to medium zucchinis for this salad, they have a brighter, fresher flavour than their bigger counterparts. Depending on your desired look for this salad, you can grate the zucchini, shave it into ribbons (using a mandolin or vegetable peeler) or make zucchini noodles using a spiralizer.
- Natural Yoghurt - Be sure to use a high quality natural or unsweetened yoghurt for this recipe.
- Mint - Fresh mint adds a beautiful cooling flavour which is why we love it for this summer salad. You can use any kind of mint such as peppermint, spearmint or apple mint. You can use dried mint in a pinch (pun intended!) or swap for fresh basil, chives or parsley.
- Garlic - We recommend chopping the garlic as fine as possible, here's a quick video tutorial to learn how.
- Add Texture - Try adding crumbled feta or sharp pecorino cheese, toasted pepitas or pine nuts.
- Make it Vegan - Swap the natural yoghurt for a drizzle of olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 263IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg