Baked Camembert with Honey
Need the perfect appetiser for friends? Baked Camembert with Honey has you covered. Just 4 ingredients and cooked in minutes, it's like cheat's fondue.
Servings 1 baked camembert
Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and rosemary and sautée for a few minutes until the bacon is cooked and the rosemary is fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
Slice the top off the camembert. Place in the microwave oven and cook on high for 45 seconds until the cheese has melted. Be careful not to overcook.
Transfer camembert cheese to a serving plate. Top with sautéed bacon and rosemary, then drizzle with honey.
Serve immediately with slices of your favourite crusty bread.
- You can reheat the camembert, we did right after we finished shooting the photos and no problem over here.
- We think microwaving is way easier than the oven, but you can still bake it in the oven if you prefer. If you do, why not pop in some slices of garlic bread to toast at the same time?
- If you don't want to waste the 'lid' of the cheese - you can slice up and pop on some bread while you wait, or dip a piece into the melted camembert for a double cheese delight.
- Can I use the oven instead of the microwave? Of course, if you prefer to bake the camembert more traditionally, pop the oven on to 180°C / 350°F and bake for 15 minutes or until you notice it starting to soften and melt.
- Do I have to use camembert or can I bake another soft cheese? Brie is another common soft cheese used to bake if you don't have camembert on hand. Being lighter in flavour, it goes very well with the honey. You can leave out the bacon if you prefer to lower the saltiness and keep the flavours light.
- Why has my camembert curdled? If you have the heat too high (usually with an oven) or you cook it for too long, the camembert can curdle. To try and avoid this, keep your eye on the cheese, and if you're worried, pull it out and check it half way through the cooking process.
- What to serve with baked camembert? We LOVE eating this with sliced pieces of fresh crusty bread. You can also just use crackers or even slices of carrot and cucumber for a healthier accompaniment.
- Swap out the honey for any other sweet syrup such as maple or golden syrup.
- For a sweeter topping, omit the bacon and rosemary and top with berries, jam or chutney.
- To add some crunch, why not add some crushed walnuts to the mix!
Calories: 1124kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 95g | Saturated Fat: 48g | Cholesterol: 229mg | Sodium: 2566mg | Potassium: 621mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1928IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 908mg | Iron: 2mg