Hey there, welcome to Wandercooks. We’re Laura & Sarah – best friends, life partners (now wifey’s for lifey!) – and the creative duo behind Wandercooks. As cooking-obsessed foodies, we love to cook, photograph, write and create videos for each of the recipes you’ll find on this site.
At one point after we first got together, we realised we’d managed to cook a different recipe EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for over 6 months. Our friends and family were astounded when we told them, and they encouraged us to create a blog and share what we’d learned. We’re so grateful they did, because now we get to share our favourite delicious creations with the world.
In 2015 we set off on the biggest adventure of our lives – in 12 months our mission was to discover new cuisines and recreate delicious world recipes from 100+ cities in 30+ countries.
Along our journey we stayed with locals as much as possible (Couch Surfing, or as we liked to call it: ‘Cook Surfing’) to learn a recipe or two and share our own in return.
Cooking and eating together is one of the best ways to learn about other people and cultures. But even if you can’t travel or don’t have time, you can bring the flavours of the world into your kitchen with a few tasty ingredients and a little know-how.
What You’ll Find on Wandercooks.com
On this site you’ll find a growing collection of flavour-packed international recipes inspired by our wandering adventures around the world. Our recipes are easy to make and savour, and suitable for all levels of home cooks and curious foodies.
Each of our recipes is filled with handy tips, detailed step by step instructions and photos so you can master each new dish in your own kitchen. Our goal is to empower you to easily recreate every single recipe while having fun exploring a world full of different cuisines, delicious ingredients and fun flavours.
We hope our recipes inspire you to:
- Be adventurous and say YES to new food experiences
- Discover different cultures through food and share those experiences with friends and family
- Understand your ingredients and get creative in the kitchen
- Learn awesome new cooking techniques to make your kitchen time quicker, easier and super impressive
- Enjoy the whole experience of cooking!
Fun Facts About Us
- We live in Adelaide, South Australia, with our happy little cavoodle Bonnie. She acts a bit like a princess (the pup has a bed in almost every room of the house!) and is addicted to puppacinos from that one time Sarah gave her a taste…
- We once dared each other to eat crickets (cooked, of course) in Thailand and they were DELICIOUS. (Think popcorn chicken – tasty, crispy and you don’t want to stop at just one!)
- We LOVE experimenting with new recipes. Our ideal date night is to cook up a storm then settle in on the couch for long conversations over a glass of wine.
- We work from home (and so of course, spend most of our days in yoga pants and ugg boots).
- We run two other websites – one is for our web design and branding business, the other is where we share what we learn about living a frugal lifestyle on our journey to FI/RE.
We’ve Been Featured In
Wandercooks.com has been featured in BuzzFeed, Frankie Magazine, People, Brit+Co, The Washington Post, Greatist, The Huffington Post, FoodGawker, Lonely Planet, Chowhound, Yummly, MSN, Yahoo & Tastespotting.
Where To First?
The best way to find the right recipe for your next kitchen adventure is through our Recipe Collections index, where you can browse recipes by all sorts of categories. You might also like to start with our collection of 5 Minute Recipes or Most Popular Recipes.
Keeping In Touch
Never miss a post! Join our mailing list to get updates on our latest recipe creations. You’ll get a copy of our Street Food ebook with lots of tasty creations for you to try.
You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest – we’d love it if you tag us @wandercooks into your tasty creations . You’ll find helpful recipe videos embedded on almost every post, or you can also check them out on YouTube.
Or feel free to send us an email to hello [@] wandercooks [dot] com. Ask us a question, send us a pic or just say hi and tell us what cuisines or recipes you’ve enjoyed the most. We’d love to hear from you!
Lastly, we just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU!
Whether you’re new to the site, a seasoned foodie, or a returning reader, we’re SO glad you’re here. Your support helps to keep this website up and running and allows us to share new creations for you to enjoy. Thanks for commenting on our posts, for sharing pics of your cooking adventures with our recipes on social media, and for supporting us and Wandercooks in all the different ways that you do.