On this site you’ll find a collection of flavour-packed international recipes inspired by our wandering adventures around the world. Strongly influenced by Asian and Australian flavours, get ready to explore your favourite dishes from Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Australia and beyond.
Each recipe is supported with detailed step by step instructions, photos, tips and useful substitutes so you can recreate every dish effortlessly in your own kitchen. You’ll also find helpful recipe videos embedded on almost every post, or you can also check them out on YouTube.
We hope our recipes inspire you to:
And most importantly… have fun experimenting and exploring a world of cuisines, ingredients and flavours, and enjoy the whole experience of cooking!
Meet Laura & Sarah
Since launching Wandercooks in 2015, we’ve travelled through over 35 countries, lived in Japan, and stayed with locals to learn what they really eat for breakfast. Our passion to discover new cuisines and recreate delicious world recipes has grown to now include over 6 MILLION people cooking our recipes annually.
For over seven years we’ve made it our mission to empower you with recipes that are easy to make and savour, and suitable for all levels of cooking experience.
We love experimenting in the kitchen, and cooking together is our favourite form of entertainment. It’s a great way to learn about other cultures while discovering intriguing flavours and ingredient combinations.
It’s our goal to demystify ingredients that tend to sit at the back of your fridge and pantry, and integrate them into your everyday cooking.
As cooking-obsessed foodies, we cook, photograph, write and create videos for every single recipe on this site.
Fun Facts About Us
- We’re married and live in Adelaide, South Australia, with our happy little cavoodle Bonnie.
- We once cooked for 6 months without repeating a single recipe, and remain endlessly fascinated by food, especially from Asian cuisines.
- We once dared each other to eat crickets (cooked, of course) in Thailand and they were DELICIOUS. (Think popcorn chicken – tasty, crispy and you don’t want to stop at just one!)
- We’ve launched a new series called Full Time Foodies where we share stories of food bloggers who have made the transition to full time. Check out the first post with Alex from It’s Not Complicated Recipes.
- We run two blogs – the other is where we share what we learn about living a frugal lifestyle on our journey to FIRE.
Articles & Interviews with Sarah & Laura
- Financial Review – Can You Afford To Retire Early?
- Primer Magazine – Meet The Cost Of Living Queens
- CommBank Magazine – Brighter Issue 2 – Side Hustle – Easy Money
- Google.com – Google for Publishers Stories – Wandercooks
- TafeCourses.com.au – 21 Legit Ways to Make Money Online
- Diannej.com – 5 Tips for Keyword Research for Food Bloggers
- Making Sense of Cents – How I Make $110,000 A Year As A Food Blogger
- News.com.au – The FIRE method: Young couples strategy to retire at 40
- Eat Blog Talk Podcast – Episode 094: Create Work-Life Balance With Routine And Structure With Sarah and Laura
- Chopped Academy Podcast – Episode 202: Creating Life Balance
- Cook It Real Good Podcast – Episode 60: How to Bring the Flavours of the World to Your Home
- Foreign Fork Article: Australian Food: Everything You Need to Know
- Where In The World Is Nina Article: How to Be a Graphic Designer While Travelling the World
Cooking and eating together is one of the best ways to learn about other people and cultures. But even if you can’t travel or don’t have time, you can bring the flavours of the world into your kitchen with a few tasty ingredients and a little know-how. Click here to find a brand new recipe.
Features & Mentions
Wandercooks.com has been featured in BuzzFeed, Frankie Magazine, People, Brit+Co, The Washington Post, Greatist, The Huffington Post, FoodGawker, Lonely Planet, Chowhound, Yummly, MSN, Yahoo & Tastespotting to name a few.
- Kiddipedia: 4 Amazing Christmas Leftover Meal Ideas
- RealCommercial.com.au: Small business burnout is on the rise: Here’s how to ensure it doesn’t happen to you
- Ryan Robinson: 19 Blog Examples: Top Successful Blogs (to Learn From) in 2022
- Today.com: The Great Jell-O Renaissance: An Old Food Makes New Waves
- Man of Many: 13 Top Australian Food Blogs
- Stay At Home Mum: 50 Top Australian Food Bloggers
- Fathom Away: 10 Steps to a Perfect Day in Taipei
- Fathom Away: Hiking Japan’s Mysterious Tropical Island
- Lonely Planet: Ultimate Eats 1
- It’s Not Complicated Recipes: Cooking With Chopsticks
- Cruise 1st: Here’s How to Cook Delicious Dishes from Your Last Asia Cruise
- My Itchy Travel Feet: Biking the Kibiji Trail
- Jetstar Asia March/April 2018: Street Feasts Indonesia
- Jetstar Asia November/December 2017: Seminyak for Shopaholics
- Mashable: Would you eat these adorable rice balls created by this Japanese YouTube artist?
- Brit + Co: 15 Times Hoisin Sauce Makes Dinner Even Better
- Greatist: 3 Ingredient Healthy Recipes
- Frankie Magazine: Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- Buzzfeed: 10 New Twists On Classics Dishes That Are Perfect For Friendsgiving
- Buzzfeed: 18 Classic Japanese Dishes You Can Make At Home
- Buzzfeed: 3-Ingredient Dinners For When You’re Not Sure What To Cook
- Buzzfeed: 16 Graduation-Party Appetizers That Have Graduated To The Next Level
What Are You Looking For?
The best way to find the right recipe is through our main menu where you can browse recipes by all sorts of categories. You might like to start with our collection of 5 Minute Recipes or Most Popular Recipes for example.
Stay In Touch
Never miss a post! Join our mailing list to get updates on our latest recipe creations. You’ll get a copy of our Street Food ebook with lots of tasty recipes for you to try.
Or feel free to send us an email to hello [@] wandercooks [dot] com. Ask us a question, send us a pic or just say hi and tell us what cuisines or recipes you’ve enjoyed the most. We’d love to hear from you!
Are You a Food Blogger?
Introducing our epic eBook courses designed specifically for food bloggers!
Eat Your Words: Easy Keyword Research Served Up for Food Bloggers
Our aim is to have keyword research come to you as easily and naturally as putting together a recipe. Learn about our processes with case studies, tips, tricks and our simple system so you know exactly what you need to do when it comes to finding the right keyword(s) for your blog.
Unscramble Your Stats: Learn Google Analytics for Food Bloggers
Harness your analytics and make informed decisions to improve your traffic and reader experience. Learn everything you need to know about Universal Analytics and GA4 tailored specifically for food blogs!
Lastly, we just wanted to say THANK YOU!
Whether you’re new to the site, a seasoned foodie, or a returning reader, we’re SO glad you’re here.
Your support helps to keep this website up and running and allows us to share new creations for you to enjoy.
Thanks for commenting on our posts, for sharing pics of your cooking adventures with our recipes on social media, and for supporting us and Wandercooks in all the different ways that you do.